Food Safety Management Program
eThekwini Cheese believes that success depends on the supply of high-quality products and services that meet or exceed customer and consumer expectations of premium products. Fundamental to this belief is the responsibility to ensure the food safety of all products that the Company manufactures.
The Company is committed to continually enhance the reputation of the brands it produces and maintain consumer confidence in its products through the development and implementation of quality and food safety systems, standards, and practices.
All eThekwini Cheese operations commit to continuous improvement, which is measured, evaluated and validated for effectiveness through internal and external audits.
The Company believes that the responsibility for achieving quality commitments lies with each eThekwini Cheese employee in the execution of their jobs and their relationship with directors. Food safety is the responsibility of all employees that have direct influence on ingredients, packaging, manufacturing, storage and the transport of products.
The following food safety and quality principles are the foundation of the eThekwini Cheese commitment to quality:
- Manufacture and deliver products that meet the highest food safety and quality standards.
- Meet or exceed all statutory and regulatory requirements for quality and food
- Ensure sustainable food safety and quality performance through implementation and certification of effective quality management systems compliant with ISO 22000:2018, FSSC 22000.
- Validate the effectiveness of the food safety and quality management systems through internal and external audit processes.
- Build food safety and quality capability through structured programmes that develop technical skills, increase awareness, manage risk and drive increasing levels of excellence.
- Continually review food safety policies, standards and procedures to effectively manage food safety risks associated with changes in products, processes and technologies.
- Include food safety and quality strategies in the annual business planning process to ensure that food safety and quality remains an integral part of operations.
- Set annual measurable food safety and quality objectives for all operations, and at group level, to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with all standards.
- Ensure that suppliers and contractors embrace the same food safety and quality commitments and monitor the materials and services they supply through audits and incoming goods inspections.
- Communicate food safety requirements to suppliers, contractors, customers, and consumers by establishing specifications for ingredients and packaging materials, product storage and consumer guidelines.
- Communicate food safety and quality aspects, strategies, and performance to associates, consumers, customers and principal stakeholders that have an impact on, or are affected by the Company’s food safety and quality management systems.
We are committed to the Quality and Food Safety Policy which is owned and endorsed by the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee.
Responsibility for the successful implementation of this programme belongs with every eThekwini Cheese employee at each level and function in the organisation.